The best dog-operated ball launcher allows your dog to launch the ball itself without the need for your assistance.
This can be done after training your dog to know how to properly launch and fetch the ball.
As a training tip, ensure that you train your dog to place the ball behind the launcher and not in front of it. This is to prevent the ball from hitting your dog’s face.
Dog Operated Ball Launcher Review
A dog-operated launcher has a sensor that has been designed to detect the presence of any tennis ball placed on it.
Whenever a tennis ball is placed on the launcher, the sensor is activated and it immediately launches the ball to the set distance.
Some dog-operated launchers have a timer in them. This timer allocates time for rest to your dog while some timer shuts down after a set time if no balls are detected on the sensors.
Also Read: Max Launcher Dog Ball Launcher
The following list contains the best dog-operated launchers.
The iFetch Launcher
The iFetch automatic ball launcher is suitable for small-medium size dogs.
With this launcher, your dog can independently launch and fetch tennis balls. It is easy to operate as your dog just needs to place the ball behind the launcher and it’s automatically launched.
Features Of The iFetch Launcher
- Automatic Launcher
The automatic launcher allows your dog to launch the ball by itself.
- Small-scale Tennis Balls
The launcher comes with 3 small-scale tennis balls that are 40mm in diameter.
- Variable Launch-distance Settings
You can set the distance to 10, 20, and 30 feet or random distances.
Pros Of The Ifetch Ball Launcher
- The product is value for your money.
- The battery lasts long.
- It operates quietly with little noise.
- The launcher’s tennis balls are gentle on the teeth.
- It is applicable indoors and outdoors.
Cons Of The Ifetch Ball Launcher
- The ball can get stuck on the machine.
- The rubber on the gear wears off over time and produces hissy sounds.
PetSafe Automatic Ball Launcher
The PetSafe automatic ball launcher is intentionally designed for the protection of you and your pet. This launcher let your dog play independently and safely.
Features And Details Of The PetSafe Ball Launcher
- Automatic Ball Launcher
Designed to enable your dog to launch safely and fetch the ball itself.
- Multiple Safety Sensors
This safety sensor prevents the ball from hitting your pet.
- Two PetSafe Tennis Balls
These balls are the perfect size for your pet.
- Adjustable Launch Distance Settings
You can set the distance to ranges between 8 to 30 feet.
Adjustable Launch Angle Settings
You can change the launch angle to six different directions to keep your dog guessing.
Pros Of PetSafe Automatic Ball Launcher
- The sensor ensures safety for both the owner and the pet.
- It has 15 minutes timer for shut down and your dog’s rest.
- The high battery life is high.
Cons Of PetSafe Automatic Ball Launcher
- The safety sensor may be unresponsive.
- The timeout session may get your dog worried as it doesn’t know what is going on.
Also Read: iFetch Ball Launcher For Large Dogs
The Idogmate Ball Launcher
This ball launcher has been constructed with your pet in mind and made to look very attractive.
The launcher has a height of 6.25 inches making it suitable for puppies, small dogs, and medium-sized-sized dogs.
The bigger model of the iDogmate launcher is the iDog Midi. It is for mid to large size dogs and small dogs with bigger mouths.
With the iDogmate launcher, your dog can launch the ball by itself after proper training or you could participate in the fun and launch the ball for your beloved dog
Features Of The iDogmate Launcher
- Automated Launcher
With this launcher, your dog can easily reload and launch the balls themselves.
- Patented Technology
It has an arced wheel design on the launcher’s mouth. This prevents wet or slobbery balls from being stuck and increases the launch distance.
- Remote Control
You can change the distance using the remote control without going near the launcher.
- AC Adapter and Li-ion Battery
It uses an AC adapter and a rechargeable Li-ion battery to power it.
Pros of the iDogmate launcher
- The balls are washable.
- It is good for indoor or outdoor
- It has a one-year warranty.
- It can launch up to 250 tennis balls when fully charged.
Cons Of The iDogmate Launcher
- The distance can decrease when it runs on rechargeable batteries.
- The balls are chewable.
- Remote may stop working and bathe they may not last.